Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A FINAL FAREWELL...

Hello fabulous friends who continue to check this blog, and those who stumble upon it all the same...

I am writing from the middle of my 3 weeks of summer school. It has been an interesting past few weeks, and I cannot exactly find the appropriate words to express my combination of grief and anticipation. I managed to cry my way through the end of school and saying goodbye to my colleagues and fellow volunteers, but I'm still holding out on my last goodbyes for one more week.

This post will most likely be my final time adding to the website- at least for now- and I thought it was good timing, since I am sitting here with Ms. Daisa One Feather, the brilliant shining student and friend that she has become to me. I think it would be lovely to have her contribute a bit to my blog as a final farewell, knowing that this is an ending to one era of my life; concurrently it is also the beginning of a new era filled with the promise of remaining in touch with those students and friends who have touched my life. For my hope remains that when I leave, my heart will stay.

So, without further ado, I give you the wisdom and ramblings of one of the most inspirational students at Red Cloud....

Em: Daisa, how are you doing my fine lady?

Daisa: Hello miss emily!! i went to a powwow this weekend!! All weekend i hung out with Al, and Dom, and Duane. Miss emily!! did you ever smell Dom? He smells sooooooooo soooooooo good!! You should seriously smell him. And no we are not destined to be together FOR LIFE!
Soooo duane- hes sooo weird!! All weekend he just followed me around! You know what i think? he still likes me, but thats not surprising. And they, my sister and her buddies, were calling me and him Delmar and Lynda (my parents names) all weekend. So on saturday night me and my sister went to her friends house. And of course Dom was there and i was extremely happy because i got to smell him again (:

Em: I believe I have smelled Dom at your request one time. :) Of course it doesn't mean you're destined for life, but I swear I heard that before! (maybe Glamour magazine?) :) Hmm, the powwow was pretty exciting, huh? Tell me a little about the weather and how you did...

Daisa: It rained alll weekend!! and i wanted to go the carnival soo badly, but i had no one to go with. Saturday morning we had to go through that stupid parade... i got to drive though! it was awesome although my mom was being kind of Mrs. Krabs. And i didnt wanna say anything but she was waving at everyone trying to be all happy. So yeah OHHH OHH OHH!!!!! i got 1st!!! yayyy... and in womens traditional, my first time of winning the women's division!

Em: I know! I was so proud of you... you do look quite magestic when you're out there dancing- oh, and thanks so much for inviting me to dance with you during the inter-tribal dance! You're such an 'includer.' One of the many qualities I love about you.

Daisa: Yes Emily, although you know i did have to practically carry you out there. You being so paranoid about not being in an "outfit".

Emily: Well, that's true. I mean- my raincoat wasn't exactly as beautiful as most of the regalia that everyone else wears. And I did happen to be the only white person too. :):)

Daisa: (no comment, daisa just stands there and smiles)

Emily: Okay, I actually love being white, and love that Wyatt gives me so much crap about being racist... because I take it as a compliment. If he really thought I was racist, he would most likely avoid me at all costs.... Well, it's about time for you to catch your ride. Do you have any final words of wisdom for my friends?

Daisa: If you guys need any assistance with fashion planning im here to help!! (: ohhh ohh and umm YOU NEED TO SERIOUSLY DANCE ONCE IN AWHILE!!! better yet- with Emily (: soo again it was nice meeting you guys and i wish i could see your round cheeesy faces after reading this but unfortunately i cant ): jk!! im happy (: not sad!! so have fun and JUST DANCE!!!

Em: Thanks so much, Daisa, this is perhaps the closest some of my readers will ever come to meeting you, and that is most unfortunate, you're right. But still I have the hope that everyone interested in my pine ridge reflections will take time to visit here someday- and who knows, but you might have just opened your own boutique downtown for them to visit! :)

Okay, since I feel I couldn't sum up my time here much better than to share with you the relationships I have developed and how important they are to me, I shall leave this post with that- a candid conversation between Ms. Daisa One Feather and I. Who knows, perhaps I shall return to this blog with further news of the wonders Daisa is doing for her tribe and for herself. :)

Until you hear my wandering mind and thoughts again, I bid you a brilliant time of discovering the vast places of wonder our God and Creater has made. For me, Pine Ridge has been one of the most lovely and meaningful places I have discovered!

Much love- and of course, smiles for everyone. :):)

Emily

42 comments:

顏色 said...

感覺很好的blog,祝你開心喔..................................................

妝狂 said...

廢話不多,祝你順心~^^........................................

龐克搖滾 said...

「不可能」這個字詞,在聰明人的字典中是找不到的。........................................

政倫 said...

色情qvod色情視訊電話色情美眉寫真色情片免色情區咪咪情色區哈比成人網金瓶成人影片交流區金平梅近親相姦免費影片松島楓看波波貼圖區波波線上美女拳波波線上遊網波波線上戲網波霸美女貼圖區玩女人視訊網玩女人試看片玩女人影片直播色情片直播免費影片芭比成人情色花王影片哈比淫色網哈免費小遊戲洪爺色情免費影片洪爺色情網站影片洪爺色論壇洪爺免費直播片洪爺動畫色咪咪影片網一夜情聊天室聊天室正妹牆

鄭勝丹 said...

hello~~........................................

邱志誠 said...

天下沒有走不通的路,沒有克服不了的困難,沒有打不敗的敵人。......................................................

ColetteC22039 said...

生存乃是不斷地在內心與靈魂交戰;寫作是坐著審判自己。 ..................................................

勝傑懿綺 said...

Quietude is the crown of life.......................................................

wilfredkdefilippo236 said...

Anyone can hold the helm when the sea is calm...................................................

文君 said...

非常感謝~3Q~....................................................

gocod said...

Tomorrow will be better~.................................................................

韋于倫成 said...

人間好話,要如海綿遇水牢牢吸住.........................

志文 said...

看到大家都留言-我也忍不住說聲---加油.........................

said...

每次心情跌到谷底,就對自己說:休息一下再重新開始吧 ....................................................

DedeJ文辰_Fe said...

Variety is the very spice of life. ............................................................

hernande said...

If you can, you can. ............................................................

淑貞 said...

婚姻對男人來說是賭他的自由,對女人而言卻是賭她的幸福。..................................................................

雅慧雅慧雅慧 said...

好棒的地方 我一定要常來~~~^^~. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

江婷 said...

所有的資產,在不被諒解時,都成了負債.................................................................

恩如 said...

人不能像動物一樣活著,而應該追求知識和美德.................................................................

徐政峰 said...

幸福不是一切,人還有責任。............................................................

宥妃宥妃 said...

It takes all kinds to make a world.............................................................

吳婷婷 said...

thank you for you to make me learn more,thank you∩0∩..................................................................

偉軍 said...

人生中最重要的是要自尊、自愛、自立、自強、自信。..................................................

ju吳phe宇te佳ns said...

寫文章需要心情~~期待你再一次的好文章............................................................

婷珊 said...

有用的才華若不用,便如同日晷儀放在陰暗之中............................................................

楊偉馨楊偉馨 said...

我新來的~大家可交個朋友嗎(・ˍ・)......................................................

香昱信張君林 said...

唯有用熱情、用智慧去觀察事物,這事物才會把他的秘密,洩漏給我們............................................................

琬安琬安 said...

人必須心懷希望,才會活的快樂,日子才過得充實,有意義,有朝氣,有信心。.......................................................

陳晏李秀樺雄 said...

Make hay while the sun shines...................................................

劉隆季劉隆季 said...

你快d upday個blog啦~............................................................

凱v胡倫 said...

Lets cross the bridge when we come to it............................................................

家唐銘 said...

一個人的價值,應該看他貢獻了什麼,而不是他取得了什麼....................................................

邱思吳佳順翰 said...

我是天山,等待一輪明月。......................................................................

灏群 said...

這一生中有多少人擦肩而過?而朋友是多麼可貴啊!......................................................................

張韓涵旺建宇 said...

Pen and ink is wits plough...................................................................

幸家陳瑋齊 said...

良言一句三冬暖,惡語傷人六月寒。............................................................

佳張張張張燕張張張張張 said...

朋友是一面鏡子......................................................................

建枫 said...

回應是最大的支持^^y~~~甘吧嗲............................................................

士文婷文婷松 said...

說「吃虧就是便宜的人」,多半不是吃虧的人。......................................................................

涛子 said...

幸福不是一切,人還有責任。..................................................... ............

詹莉 said...

若有人問你成功時會不會記得他 試問若你失敗時他會不會記得你......................................................................