Wednesday, June 18, 2008

At last...

At last I write to you from my current position with Lutheran Outdoors- counseling at the Pine Ridge Retreat Center for various servant camps that come along each week.

I have decided to not go into as much detail with my summer posts, and I shall start back up with vigor in the fall- I promise. :)

My time with the camps has been going well. I am seeing Pine Ridge with different eyes this summer, and for that I am grateful. It is humbling to be in this position, but the groups appreciate our (Ben and I's) perspective, having both lived here for a year now.

I am into the second week of camps, and I am enjoying it with a surprising amount of energy, looking now toward our final day with this group. Last week was cut short because I left on Wednesday for a very important event in the Fischer family.... Alison's wedding! :) Overall my time home with wedding festivities was absolutely wonderful... I enjoyed everything so much, re-connecting with family, etc.

Now I am looking toward a trip to Leadville, Colorado with rising seniors from Red Cloud- which will obviously be wonderful (I say that with so much conviction, but I suppose I should bite my tongue until all goes as expected.) :) Anyway- it is an Outward Bound adventure trip- and I am the female chaperone- tonight I browsed the list of necessary packing items, and it seems I am short a few things- hmm, perhaps my Friday will involve a trip to Rapid.... yikes! :)

Okay, I want you all to know that I most definitely have not forgotten about my faithful readership, and I look forward to more time to reflect on this summer- but my limited internet time (especially in July) will prevent me from doing much typing until August.

If anyone is actually reading this- thanks, and I always look forward to hearing back from you, my interested friends and journey partners.

Much love- and peace of heart,

Emily

3 comments:

MUD said...

I add and subtract from my bookmarks and your posts dropped below the visible screen. I just went down there to see what was going on and found that I had missed graduation and the bus crash. Have a great summer and see you mostly in the fall. MUD

Anonymous said...

I worked on the roof of the post office in Pine Ridge a few years ago and was really torn up about the conditions there. I went to college in Michigan and had a chance to write a speech for an experimental event at Forensics Nationals. I wrote it about Russell Means and Tom Poor Bear after having been in contact with them and asking permission to cover their story. I have been out of the loop for a while though. I have been watching the tv show The Wire on Netflix. After watching the first few episodes of season four I found myself thinking of those kids again. Anyway, just noticed your blog.

Unknown said...

Hey emily, it's brittany. I like your blog! I'm getting to know a little more about you and that's what I regret not doing during that short time in manderson. We went to church today and talked about how much we missed you guys!