Monday, March 2, 2009

Ushering in March...

Hello my lovely flock of friends!

I decided to use this reference to birds today, since the birds are ushering in March (which conveniently coincides with the warm weather), giving me hope of more pleasant days to come.

Actually, recent days have already been pleasant, yet with the added bonus of nice weather, I become nearly estatic in this place! :) Today I am full of sunshine. Literally- I did receive my daily dosage of Vitamin D during lunch as I prefected outside. And Figuratively- since I am quite happy and at peace with my life and with God. It is a theme I am striving for during this Lenten season- becoming more in tune with my relationship with God by journaling and praying consistently. Thus far- all positive.

Last week was a bit of a whirlwind, with Pennies for Patients finishing up... we announced the winning class this week- the FRESHMEN! It was really cute, just a few minutes ago a freshman who happened to be a major contributer to the coin jar came in to confirm (and secretly celebrate) the fact that the Freshmen had won. He smirks as I congratulate him and give him a high-five... then he says with a smile, "Well, at least the freshmen won something, huh?" Such a humble remark made with the best of intentions. I am really happy they won, actually- even though it means baking more brownies for Wednesday!

We decided early Friday morning to take a Fan bus to Rapid City tomorrow (Tues.) for the Girls' basketball Regional championship game- and as haphazard as fan busses can occasionally be, I am thoroughly excited for this! This means the girls are one victory away from attending the State Tournament in Watertown, SD once again this year. We shall see! And the fan bus is the first of the year! Crazy, I know... Get ready, folks, because last year my several fan bus experiences often elicited some pretty funny tales, to be sure!

Our after-school program is going pretty well. Numbers are down this semester from last semester, but it really doesn't mean much, since we have a large number of students involved in other sports and such, which are not counted in my A. S. P. numbers. And a few of the clubs are just getting under way once again...so have no fear- March madness will become a phrase pertaining to more than just basketball... it will carry over to our A. S. P. as well! :) I wish that if you could experience any part of my job here, you would come and see the chaos which ensues from appx. 3:08-3:30pm every day. It's exhilerating!

I believe it's about time to compile a list of the students interested in taking the fan bus tomorrow. If you feel like cheering for Red Cloud, this is a good week to begin- the boys play two district games on Mon. and Thurs., and the girls play regions tomorrow. Basketball updates will surely be in store here- considering it is now post-season play! The 'big times' around here. Hmmm, random note to self (which I, for some reason, assume you'll be interested in) ... I need to start taking more pictures of the kids! I will get on that soon, and post for your viewing pleasure!

I hope this little blurp is finding you all well and well-cared for by our loving God. Until the next time my little fingers fly across the keyboard.....

Sending my love and appreciation for life,

Emily

No comments: