Thursday, April 30, 2009

Why if it isn't my lovely friends, reading this photo-filled post...

I have included some pictures of my past few weeks... which I will summarize by saying I have celebrated all the events (a successful prom- complete with abundant dancing!, a dear friend's wedding, and a junior day of service), without being excessively pleased with my own health. However, I have joined the recovery group called "32 days is 32 days too long to be sick." It seems to be helping, as my symptoms have improved immensely! :)

Oh, and I must say- I went to the doctor. Yep- four weeks was long enough time to self-justify a medical opinion (other than webmd) which is why I'm now smelling the flowers...

Hmm, that just gave me the idea to narrate my past week underneath photos, because past experience reveals that my typing gets all jumbled together at the end, anyway, when pictures are present...

Junior Day of Service: Although I was slightly reluctant to attend this day-event with the junior class, I ended up chaperoning the group to a local church in town- and I must say, what a silly idea to NOT want to go- it was GREAT! The students pitched in with extra effort, and I had a marvelous time organizing the food pantry. (if anyone knows me, you know that's my kinda work!)


This picture of Henry and Anita reveals the varying degrees of excitement my group maintained about picking up trash! :) Ha, actually Anita was wonderful to work with, she just got a whiff of something nasty, I think. :) Henry couldn't have been a bigger help that day... what a guy!


Delia, Tess, Blaine, and Amber- posing during a break in our service to Sacred Heart Church. Again, I was very impressed with their maturity level during the day- okay, and I let them eat at Taco Johns, plus I cleaned up the mouse poop in the pantry... so that probably made them happy!


Delia and Tess sporting the rakes we used to clean up the yard where kids play during the weekends... all the yard work reminded me of my childhood, and I even started picking up sticks! (Mom- some things really stick with you- no pun intended)



So this picture is perhaps a little disturbing for you- don't worry, it was for me as well. However, Kelso, Henry, and Anita really enjoyed that we moved this coffin from the old church into the garage (I really don't have a good explanation why)...so they tried to fit into it- and found it to be a fun- albeit slightly dismal- photo op!


Ah, my great friend Denise!!! AJ and I were able to visit her at her current place of work (and residence) at a boy's ranch called Rawhide in WI- enroute to my friend Jody's wedding. It was wonderful catching up with her and seeing where she's spent the last 1 1/2 years of her life! Oh, to put her in context- she's my 1/2 marathon running partner- and she recently completed another one...I, however, could hardly run a mile with the shape my lungs are currently in!


This is my wonderful, charming, and thoughtful boyfriend AJ. He good-naturedly mingled with my NWC crowd during the weekend- but don't worry, I shall repay the kindness by attending his friend's wedding this weekend! What's with all the commitment lately, gosh! :) (btw- I do have a dress on in this picture, if anyone was wondering. :) I guess my arms were not-so-strategically placed, so you wouldn't actually know this)


And THIS is the fabulous wedding party of Jody's (the bride)...several of the girls are my friends and roomates from college. So, needless to say I had an amazing time catching up with everyone and getting to share in this beautiful day of love and joy.


Unfortunately I DON'T have pictures from prom, although I do have a link to my co-worker Peter's online photo album- so feel free to check out the "Above the City Lights" prom- which, according to all accounts, was fabulous, often called "The best prom ever!" because "Everyone danced, it was great!!" This, although I couldn't be physically present, makes me infinitely happy!
I hope the above link works! That's all for now, my beautiful friends. If I can get a bit corny for a minute, I'd like to give a little shout out to the good Lord of all, who has carried me through this sickness- and has now led me to a place of immense joy in health. I can't really contain my smiles, since I haven't felt this good in a month! Yeah, God. That's right.

Until the next fateful time my blogging persona hits the airwaves of the internet (did that even make sense?) I shall leave you with a grateful farewell and many smiles- even a kiss blown your way!
Love, Emily


1 comment:

Amanda said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better! What fun - Jody looks beautiful, as do all the other lovely NW ladies.
Your hair is short again! It's super cute :)
I noticed that my old blog is still linked...the new one is http://teasinglydiverse.wordpress.com.
I stopped blogging at my blogspot place for anonymity reasons (although my new one isn't particularly anonymous either!)
Glad you're doing well, friend!
~Amanda