Friday, April 3, 2009

April Hopes

Hello Dear Souls...

I am writing you now as I struggle to overcome this silly (actually, serious) influenza I've had the past 6 days. Today I am on an up swing, except for the light-headed feelings and severe cough. All in all it has been a miserable week... yet Monday and Tuesday, Mother Nature came through and gave us two more snow days. And since I wouldn't have been in school anyway, do to the flu, I was thankful for the recovery time. I also didn't come into school Wednesday, but Thursday I did- even though it was terribly overwhelming, with such little energy. Today I am still lacking the energy I need... but I'm beginning to see through the fog of the flu... which is the hope I need.

Today is a pretty exciting event- the Cardinal from Washington D. C. is coming to visit Red Cloud. Now, if you're a little unsure who a Cardinal actually is, don't be dismayed... I had to think for awhile before I could recall what position a Cardinal held. Basically, there is a council of just over 100 Cardinals in the world who elect the Pope...so in terms of Catholic hierarchy, the Cardinal is a pretty big deal! And he's having pizza with the Student Council today. That's right, represent! :):) I will be there to mediate their presence, but overall the Cardinal seems like a pretty cool guy who will be interested in the students.

I had intentions of attending a silent retreat with a few friends this weekend, but that is not happening now- since they left yesterday and I had to be in school today. In addition to the Cardinal's visit... I need to meet with students about prom ordering, etc. Gosh, I am so excited for prom, but as one of the coordinators, I also cannot wait for it to be over! :):) I'm sure you'll hear more about that as the month progresses... I think we're only 3 weeks out from Prom though, which means I need to get on this ordering business asap!

The Prom invites are in, and I'm busy assembling them. Why did I order ones which require work? Not too sure, but let me know if you're in the business of stuffing envelopes, since that's the next step in the process. :)

Easter break is soon upon us! I'm not sure if I will write again before then... I should, but you know- sometimes time simply flies by! I am ending this post early, since my foggy head hasn't allowed for too great of writing, and I'm guessing there's no further hope of it today.

My April hope is that you all are doing well, enjoying the spring (we are suppose to get another blizzard this weekend, FYI :):), and living life to its fullest!

Em

No comments: